Efficient, sustainable freight delivery across urban areas
Vital Nodes aims to enable efficient, sustainable freight delivery across the TEN-T urban nodes (urban areas), by bringing together existing European, national and regional networks.
As a result of increasing freight traffic, these urban nodes need to cope with challenges such as congestion, poor air quality, noise and road safety risks. Vital Nodes wants to improve European interconnection, and to develop sustainable solutions for the last mile.
Vital Nodes produced several key tools and results, summarised in a results brochure:
- Evidence-based policy recommendations for the integration of the urban nodes into the trans European transport network (TEN-T) corridors.
- Vital Nodes Toolbox: a process guideline to integrate urban mobility and TEN-T policy.
- Nodes Book: a comprehensive catalogue that provides information on the urban nodes that have been active
in implementing solutions for a sustainable integration of urban nodes into the TEN-T network.
- 1st Urban Nodes Forum: it took place on the 3rd and 4th of April 2019 in Budapest. To be continued!
- Network of networks: VitalNodes brings existing networks together for ensuring long-term engagement of key experts.
The Vital Nodes project was funded by the Horizon 2020 Programme, and run for 24 months until November 2019.
Explore the Urband Nodes and TEN-T corridors
Show and Hide Corridors
News and Events
Supporting the deployment of innovations in the urban nodes, while establishing a long-lasting European expert network
The methodology analyses along six dimensions, incorporating the specifics of every urban node.
Vital Nodes applies a stepwise approach and will approach the 88 urban nodes of the TEN-T network in four steps