After two intense years, the Vital Nodes project will end in October 2019.
In this policy dialogue you are invited to discuss with the EU institutions the strengthening of the Urban Nodes as integral parts of TEN-T Corridors, based on the Policy Recommendations that Vital Nodes has developed and validated. Focus areas include:
- Promote the development and better integration of the Urban Nodes’ priorities for a successful delivery of the TEN-T Corridors;
- Discuss the creation of an expert ‘networks of networks’ for the more efficient and sustainable integration of all Urban Nodes in the TEN-T Corridors;
- Foster the integration of i) modes, ii) land use, infrastructure and mobility, iii) passengers and freight to bring about a truly sustainable and integrated transport system;
- Mutual understanding and identification of synergies among priorities at local, national, European and international leve;
- Measures to facilitate the access of local governments to EU funds earmarked for Urban Nodes.
The Policy Recommendations of Vital Nodes will be distributed in printed form and presented during the event.
Find the detailed agenda here.
|11.45 – 12.00||Registration|
|12.00 – 12.15||Welcome & Introduction
Representative of DG MOVE, European Commission (name tbc)Building a network for EU Urban Nodes – highlights from the Vital Nodes project
Sjaak van der Werf, Project manager NUVit and Vital Nodes
Dr. Elisa Schenner, Wiener Stadtwerke GmbH, Head of EU Affairs
|12.15 – 14.00||Policy Dialogue (working lunch)
Policy recommendations to strengthen Urban Nodes as integral parts of TEN-T Corridors & Building an expert network for Urban Nodes along TEN-T Corridors
|14.00 – 14.15||End of the policy dialogue and working lunch|
|14.15 – 15.50||Stakeholder & Expert dialogue – discussion and validation of key recommendations per policy domain
Moderated by Sjaak van der Werf, Project manager NUVit and Vital Nodes
|15.50 – 16.00||Wrap up and conclusions – DG MOVE & Vital Nodes coordinator|
|16.00||End of the meeting|