After two intense years, the Vital Nodes project will end in October 2019.
In this policy dialogue you are invited to discuss with the EU institutions the strengthening of the Urban Nodes as integral parts of TEN-T Corridors, based on the Policy Recommendations that Vital Nodes has developed and validated. Focus areas include:
- Promote the development and better integration of the Urban Nodes’ priorities for a successful delivery of the TEN-T Corridors;
- Discuss the creation of an expert ‘networks of networks’ for the more efficient and sustainable integration of all Urban Nodes in the TEN-T Corridors;
- Foster the integration of i) modes, ii) land use, infrastructure and mobility, iii) passengers and freight to bring about a truly sustainable and integrated transport system;
- Mutual understanding and identification of synergies among priorities at local, national, European and international leve;
- Measures to facilitate the access of local governments to EU funds earmarked for Urban Nodes.
The Policy Recommendations of Vital Nodes will be distributed in printed form and presented during the event.
Find the detailed agenda here.
|11.45 – 12.00||Registration|
|12.00 – 12.20||Welcome & Introduction
‘Building a Network for EU Urban Nodes – Highlights From the Vital Nodes Project’ Sjaak van der Werf, Project manager Vital Nodes, Senior Advisor Rijkswaterstaat
|12.20 – 14.00||Policy Dialogue (working lunch)
Keynote interventions (12.20 – 13.00)
Introduction to the Vital Nodes Policy recommendations (13.00 – 13.20)
Panel discussion with interventions from the audience (13.20 – 14.00)
|14.00 – 14.15||End of the policy dialogue and working lunch|
|14.15 – 15.50||Stakeholder & Expert workshop: discussion and validation of Vital Nodes recommendations per policy domain
|15.50 – 16.00||Wrap up and conclusions – Sjaak van der Werf, Project manager Vital Nodes, Senior Advisor Rijkswaterstaat|
|16.00||End of the meeting|